I haven’t run more than 3 miles since my half marathon in mid-March, and it feels great. I now go to yoga or run on any given day – but not both. I haven’t ballooned up four size or anything and in fact I fit into jeans I couldn’t before. Having a more normal activity level makes me less hungry in general. That probably shouldn’t be a surprise, but it is!
I’m moving halfway across the country next week. I am nervous but also excited about the opportunity to renew in this way too. It’s not a new year, but it seems like a good time for some resolutions:
– I will try to love my body as it is. I don’t want to need a number to feel okay, but I may need it to start. A size 6 or 8 at 5’5″ tall is thin enough. No one is perfect.
– I will be mindful of the time I dedicate to yoga and running in relation to other activities, and so I am doing these healthy, beneficial activities for their own sake, and not compulsively.
– I will pause before reacting strongly in words or actions. I will keep trying, because “failures” or “rejections” are not about me personally.
– I will be mindful that loving myself is important before I can accept the love of others.
– I will go ahead and do things, without waiting to be perfect, or to be perfectly prepared. I am ready now.
– I will take advantage of LOTS of new student deals at yoga studios before enrolling in a monthly unlimited pass because I love the first studio I attend.